Monday, May 23, 2005

City of Values

Last night, I went to this talk about city of values. Dr Roger Cole is the speaker.

My boss bought the tickets and then let us, the employees, to go and listen to this talk. According to him, it is a good talk. No one really want to go. I just took the ticket and I had the premonition that I will forget about it when i go and watch it.

Believe it or not? I really did forget that I need to go to the talk. Fortunately, I told jinnwei the day before about it and he reminded me to go. So i rushed to shower and get ready at 6.50pm and sped to Pustaka. Arriving at 7.05pm, I realised that I was still early. Sheesh....

I didnt sit with my colleagues. Instead, I sat with my former colleagues, the substitute teachers. During the talk, while I was trying to interpret what the speaker is talking about, I wrote notes to chat with YikTing.

I am not interested in meditation type of things. So, basically, the speaker was talking about peace and happiness in oneself. the speaker is so long-winded. During the Q&A session, only one question was asked and he answered it in half an hour time when all he was trying to say was yes. I dont really get the whole thing. I think the topic for the talk is inappropriate. It should be something like 'Discover yourself through meditation.' In fact, I think that the YB's speech was more related to the topic, City Of Values. :P

Finally, we even had a meditation session. :0

After the talk, I went to lim-teh with my former colleagues. Kind of weird for I dont really know them. They felt strange to me.

I went home at around 11pm while they went for Karaoke at Rex-Box

No comments: