Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Drink more plain water!!!

My mum told me a devastating news about my niece. At a young age of 21, she has kidney failure. She had to do kidney dialysis three times a day in order to extract the excess unprocessed liquid in her body. There was a time after she did the diaylsis, she actually dropped 5kg. That is how bad her water retention is...

She has once graced Borneo Post and the famous Kenny Sia's blog simply because her IC was found and then published in Borneo Post.

I wanted to write a very devastating and touching story about her but I think that it is not right so instead... DRINK MORE WATER!

Not soft drink! Not naturally or artifically sweetened water! BUT plain water...

Drink up to 8 glasses of water...which should equals to 2 litre of water?

And... if drinking alcohol, make sue to drink more plain water because alcohol actually make the liver work harder so you need to drink more water to lessen the burden for the liver.

Scary...

6 comments:

LX said...

Yes, we must drink water. But not excessively. Last time I drank so much water that I kept peeing. Then my mummy says I would get kidney failure because the kidney overworks. My friend's dad has failed kidney. Transplanted twice. That's why he always brings a big orange bottle with him everywhere he goes.

jazz said...

ee.. is that urine?
Yea, dun drink too much also la. sometimes i also keep peeing also. mayb cos i drink water too much. but that is becos i think i drank coke or juice too much so i am trying to dilute. this is according to lynnx01's theory. (last time)

g0hy|3 said...

True...not excessively though. Because I really seldom drink plain water and even other type of water, that is why sort of scary to me all of a sudden. To think that it can happen to such a young person.

LX said...

I think people who work in air-conditioned offices tend to not drink enough water... I remember Yiyi encountered that problem too.

Sherp said...

and not being able to go to toilet when you need to is bad too. as u hold the pee in so long... so yea. must go to toilet often too. and my kidney is too small :( hehee

g0hy|3 said...

I keep forgetting to drink water when working in office. Even worse if i am so engrossed in my work.

Shouldnt hold the pee for too long either. Not good.