Saturday, August 06, 2005

Riam School Concert

Have a nice time watching Riam School Concert last night...Lynnwei bought the tickets to watch Riam School Concert at Miri City Centre...or what I always called as Sivic Centre.
The night started with a performance by the band with four singers singing two songs...erm...Too loud....Then...a dance routine .... then, a girl singing 'honey' by Wang Xin Ling. Respect for her. So brave to sing and dance by herself on the stage...then then...choral speaking...when i suddenly heard a voice that is so familiar coming from my back...Then it struck me. that is my boss's voice. Mind exploded. He is behind me?!! Scarily, I turned to the back and yupe, it is my boss and his wife, i presumed. After managing to say 'hi, Mr Chia', i turned my attention to the front stage...squirmed in my seat. Din dare to do anything drasticily embarassing... carefully watching my own movement so that I wouldnt embarass myself... :P

The rest of the concert was ok...Can see the mistakes they do...some of them did very good...some made mistakes...Din finish watch the show because it is kind of getting late and so, we left.

Their english and chinese are pretty weird to my ears. Too much stressing on the pronounciation. When i recap the way they pronounce the words to one of my colleagues this morning, she has goose bumps all over her. hehe...I think it is a common thing that happens to those ppl who are chinese educated.. .Or am I becoming too Englishish...?


Drum beating performance after the opening ceremony.... One of the drum beater nearly tripped to the floor when they are doing their routine..hoho...


Classical dance routine inspired by 'The heavenly fairies'...a really classical chinese movie. They really look like they are floating around with their long sashes....but one disadvantage, if they are not careful, the sashes will get stuck to their headpiece and they have to float to the backstage to remove it before floating back to the stage to continue the dance routine..haha...Another thing i noticed is that the dance routine just repeat over and over again...erm...i guess dancing is like that...repeating the movement over nad over again...

Woke up late this morning..feeling unwell...maybe cause i sleep late last night...or the show just tires me out..Still have to go to wrok...argh...can i dun go? Well, i went anyway...The boss did asked me did i enjoy myself last ngiht or how was the show...hmm...cant remember which question he asked me...I asked him wad happen after i left...guess what? he said i missed the best part..damn....

No comments: