Monday, February 27, 2006

Niah Trip

The night before,

Went to SUPP Dinner. The food was ok. I didnt stay till the end of the dinner because I had to go and fetch the girls from tuition.

During the dinner, they showed a preview of acrobat performance by a group from China...forgot which province. They are amzing. To see the performance live is breath-taking.

Saturday,

Went breakfast at Peach Garden. After some waiting, we decided to start our journey. I rode in Laura's car. Tried to sleep in the car but in vain (haha...Like writing essay le).We arrived at Niah National around 11 sumthing am. After Chan, ChiIng and Kelvin arrived, we went to the canteen for lunch. After lunch, all of us except for Kelvin (who was sleeping) left for the cave. The 9-km hike..all the way to the Painting Cave and back...
I slipped at Painting Cave and have bat shits all over the back of my pants (damn!).
After everyone showered, we went to Batu Niah to have our dinner.
The waitress was really fierce and we didnt really dare to ask for too much.
My headache started at around that time and going on and off for quite some time.
When we were back at the chalet, we held a financial meeting. Need to count how much do we need to pay. Basically, i spent RM40 for this trip.
After the meeting, we had the cake ceremony for the birthday boy, Kelvin. Since I was standing next to him, I got the honour fo smashing the cake to his face. I didnt do a good job so not much damage was done. Instead, Chan got the worse smashing when Kelvin smashed the second cake other face.
As night went on, the heat seems to linger and my headache began to kill my mood. We had a little card playing and after a few game, I decided to sleep. Sleep came really slow and I ended getting up to play somemore later of the night. By then, the heat has dissipated and the whole place become more bearable to me.

Sunday,

My shoulders and legs hurt. Shoulders because the floor is very hard. I guess I am used to soft bed. Legs due to the amount of walking I did yesterday. After much delay, we went to eat breakfast at the canteen. At 11, we left Niah National Park.
Then, we made our stop at Bekenu Beach. After loitering for a while, we continue our journey back to Miri. A bit of raining on the way...
After Laura dropped Josephine and I at my place, I sent Josephine to Parkson to have lunch before sending her home. Arriving home, I slept for an hour in my comfy night gown and air cond room. Then I got ready to go to Chung Hua School Concert.

Chung Hua School Concert is...very good. After twelve years of experince, they should be doing great. It is definitely better than Riam Secondary School. They know how to keep the audience entertained. Not too long performance. Just right.

Another highlight of the night is that I get to see what is happening backstage. Simply because my aunt dont want to let my grandma walk the stairs down so we get to use the backstage elevator. Haha...

I admire the courage and spirit the students have. They are so willing to perform on the stage. Not shy le. I wish StCo have such spirited students but maybe what they really do need are spirited teachers.

My body is so tired...

Monday...Today,

Went to work anyway. Despise staircase and sloping walkway now. Haha...

Bought air ticket for yuanz and me today. To Kuching to accompany my grandma.

My eyelids were really very heavy during afternoon time. Dizzy somemore. I felt really really tired after work.

Seriously considering if I should take a leave tomorrow to sleep the whole day.

1 comment:

lynn-w said...

wow..it's great that u and koko will teman grandma to kch...try to give her more confident!!

=)

take care, my dear cousin...u'll have to be healthy to take care of grandma!!!

miss u lots! hoho!!!