Thursday, February 23, 2006

Today

I woke up at 530 am this morning. Something that I havent done for a long time since I stopped teaching.

After breakfast with Lynthia and dropping her off at the tennis court, I went to Grand Palace Hotel to start working as receiptionist for the seminar my company is organising.

I was the one issuing the receipts..Haha...due to my experience with receipts.. :P

There are two sessions of the seminar. one in english and one in chinese. It is about Goods and Services Tax (GST). The speaker, Robin Chia, is from Singapore.

I thought I will be listening to both of the sessions since I will be there the whole day. But as it turns out, I sat outside fo the seminar area to take care of the reception table (guarding the money & cheques in the morning and guarding the whole table for the afternoon). I didnt even enter the seminar room to hear the seminar...

Recalling back the time...I spent 11 hours there....An extra 2 ½ hours after deducting my normal working hours and one hour lunch break...

But i felt well-compensated because I went to lunch at Han Palace with Carol and ChiIng..We had dimsum..haha...The rest of them (the other colleagues) had their lunch with the boss. Some of them think that we are really lucky to be able to have dimsum for lunch... The boss treated us all lunch...Oh! I had my lunch earlier with Carol and ChiIng cause we had to take care fo the reception table while the others have their lunch...

The tea breaks during the seminar arent too bad. i like the chicken boxing the most...haha

I guess I could have left earlier but I stayed to see if I could be any help at all...

Again, this weekend I will be away at Niah with my colleagues..Really looking forward to the trip...

Opps..I forgot to tell my mum about this trip..I wonder if she is against me going or not...Oh well..It doesnt matter. :p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wat is chicken boxing? ehhe

g0hy|3 said...

i think it is the ittle drumstick that used to stick at the wing part...they cut the meat at the handle so that only left a bunch of meat at the other end...i will show u when u come back to miri..haha