Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Taiwan Trip - Day 5 & 6

Sorry.. missing in action for a few days. Miri has been immersing in the excitement of state election.

2 more days left to tell about my Taiwan trip.. here goes... Day 5

We get to use the high speed rail from Tao Yuan to Taipei... weird thing is that by the time we reached Taipei, so has our bus driver. hehe...
Then off to shop for Taiwan local products~ Tour guide kept telling us about how hard it is to stop the tour bus in city area. We must try our best to get off and on the bus as quickly as possible. Lunch...
After lunch, we went to Tan Shui Fishermen's Wharf... Oh! Forgot to mention the fact that I was wearing my short pants with stocking on this day... I almost froze at Tan Shui because of the strong wind and the small drizzle. Darn~
Right after that, we headed to Taipei fashion district ( i think), Xi Men Ding. Raining again. urgh.. spoil the mood.
Dinner is a buffet at this restaurant that served something called Mongolian BBQ... which is actually just the chef cooking ingredients on this huge flat iron surface... looks fun though.
Hotel is at this secluded road... I didnt realise how secluded till the next morning. Cough.. accidentally stumbled upon some 18SX channels. hehe... Anyways.. Mum and I had a really nice room with jacuzzi... and I realise not everyone get as nice room as ours. Some of our tour group get really plain looking room.
That ended Day 5. I couldnt find any wireless to go online on Day 5. Felt a little disconnected from the world.

Day 6... We actually had a little change in our itinerary. In order to go to this Flora Expo, we ditched a few places originally in the itinerary - which includes regretfully Shi Ling Ye Shi. Anyways... Flora Expo was interesting despite of the rain. Mum and I donned the raincoat the whole time and I took 300 pics there. Haha...About 2.30pm, we left the expo to go to Taipei 101. Since it was rainy therefore a little foggy, I decided not to bug mum to let me go up to the ...err... i forgot which floor to look at the whole of Taipei so... instead we walked around the super expensive shopping mall.
Our final dinner at Taiwan... It's at this really unique looking restaurant. I dont put the pics of the restaurant because it is actually quite dark... Not much lighting. lol...
After dinner, we left Taipei for Tao Yuan...because the airport is Tao Yuan and we dun want to make an early ride the next morning. At Tao Yuan, we stayed at a 5 star hotel... Nice. I went to the mall behind the hotel hoping to buy some stuff at the supermarket.. but it doesnt have a supermarket. -___-
Erm.. Day 7. Departure Day. Breakfast is a feast. 5 star. They cant do bad breakfast, right? Hehe... The trip is fun. I want to go back there again but not with a tour group. :p

2 comments:

Josephine said...

What an enjoyable tour! May I know which tour u joined & how much ?
TQ

g0hy|3 said...

My mom is the one who booked the tour so I am sort of blur on what's the tour group name. It a tour company from Sarikei. The cost is ...about rm3k? Yikes.. I cant remember too...