Sunday, December 25, 2005

Officially one year old blog

Whoa!

One year....

A year ago, I started this blog because I wanted to follow the trend and partly because I thought of using this blog to express myself and to record every single interesting events that have happen in my life.

I consider myself succeeded in following the trend (so easy to achieve, just start writing in this blog)...

Expressing myself... I realised that certain events that happened in other people life remind me of the almost similar events that happened in my life too... For example, the time when I met a girl called Audrey thru Dennis and CK, her experience made me write
something about it and also made me realise that I have escaped my ordeal rather easily and without that much pain. To discover that although I have enjoyed my job immensely, I still find it comforting to escape it once in a while. Too bad, Dennis, i cant seems to enjoy my job well enough not to leave it like Donald Trump.

Events in my life are most probably just normal events in other people's lives but seems such a big deal in my life. They are. Anti-social me hardly even go out at night during my secondary school and university days. Now that i have the chance to go out and experience the life outside the comfort of my home... I enjoyed it and I want it in my blog.

Which leads me to the point that I have never study overseas or been away from home studying. I lack of musical talents and wonder if I will even have one if I have started piano lessons when I was still young (ok, this has nothing to do with whatever I said but I just want to say it out). To be the one girl in the family means that my obligation is heavier than my two brothers and that made me a docile person. Every single thing that I did, I thought, it would anger my grandparents. Going out with friends each time excites me because I couldnt believe that I got the permission to go at all. When it is time that I can finally be able to have the chance to go overseas (presumely that I follow my brother's footstep), my hopes were smashed by lack of financial support and distrust of my ability to take care of myself. I would have become someone different if I have been away from home. People envy me for being able to stay at home while they had to face the world all by themselves outside. But I bet if they have the choice, they would still choose to go out there. If I have the choice, I will be out there.

Just now, while I was sweeping the floor, I realised that I have been, once again, attached to this house. Not been able to leave it. If I leave, no one will be left to take care of the place. It will be like a shelter when my dad come to Miri for a night or two. Not a home where the family is. But, I am not in the hurry to leave this house.

Which leads me to this point... I finally have a plan for my life. Not a perfect one. Not a detailed one. Just a simple one. To work and learn and get my CPA qualification. After CPA, it will be a new plan which I am not sure yet. Thus, for the time being, I dont mind attaching myself to my home. i have never know what I wanted to do and didnt have a plan at all. Even studying accounting course is by my decision, it was my brother's. Fortunately, it turns out that I am great in accounting and I love it. Phew!

Another thing that I have noticed is that I have become less healthy this year. Constant headache and food poisoning twice. Oh! Flu also. Not very sure why.

Types of slimming methods that I have tried this year. ..Took up yoga but dont seems to lose any weight. Tried hula-hooping. Drank freshly squeezed pure lime juice without any added sweetening but gave it up when I ran out of fresh lime to squeeze. Drank apple cider vinegar but often forget about it which lead me to give it up and gave the whole bottle of apple cider vinegar to my cousin. Now, planning to get Loreal Slim Perfect to decrease some of my orange peel skin. Urgh...

Last year, I was totally crazed with Sex and the City. Addiction to the TV. Although I have tried to religiously follow the series that are on the tv now, I find myself not so addicted anymore. House is a great show to watch but I always cringe when i see the needle poking. Desperate Housewives...not bad at all. But I am beginning to hate the lo-so plot which seems to try to link everyone together in one huge and complex conspiracy. Tru Calling is about a girl called Tru who can hear the call of help from the dead and go back to the past to save the dead who asked for help. The part where the dead called for help never fail to surprise me. Queer eye for the straight guy...too bad it doesnt show dressing tips for girls.... What not to wear is a great one but it is more suitable for cold weather and not for Malaysian humid weather. Local show about wearing fashionably seems lousy and stupid. I remember the boring voice of the commentator commenting on how the participants put their makeup on their face andhow the clothes the participants chose is all wrong. TV doesnt seems to have the cheering up factor for me anymore. Watching tv is no longer a necessity for me. i guess it is a good thing.

To realise how short is life this year.
The accident. It remains a cruel reminder to me that i should be careful on the road.

On a more cheerful note, to get my hair straighten and
restraighten again. It is a bliss. Another bonus to meet a guy who I find myself admiring. I havent been admiring guys for a long time. Sounds pathetic le.

It is Christmas Day today. I will be going to Jeng's house later. Hmm... Should be going out to buy jinnwei his desired chicken rice.

Oh! A
repeat of the Christmas tree I put up in my blog exactly a year ago... Recycleable pic, you know.. :P



Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: